Cloud-ready network (CRN): what are the options?
There are three main architectures according to Internet interconnection to the enterprise's IT:
- CRN with central Internet gateways: Making your network cloud-ready can be as simple as deploying a few ANS devices in key locations, such as your private datacenters and Internet gateway locations. ANS leverages Ipanema's unique concept of tele-control to guarantee the performance of SaaS collaboration and existing applications over your network.
- CRN with in-MPLS Internet: The Internet traffic directly enters the branch. This situation requires the Internet traffic to be controlled through an appliance deployed within each branch office. The presence of the appliance will allow additional ANS features such as WAN Optimization.
- CRN with unified hybrid [MPLS + Internet]: As your IT evolves toward a mix of private applications, public cloud applications and Internet-based applications, changing your network architecture can help you make full use of both MPLS and Internet strengths. A hybrid MPLS + Internet network provides in many cases, the most favorable cost and performance. ANS implement Dynamic WAN Selection which automates path selection for application flows so that your MPLS and Internet networks operate as one single network.
Cloud adoption creates a critical need for WAN Governance
Cloud adoption adds complexity to network management. SaaS collaboration has a larger impact than on-premises architecture because of its reliance on the WAN. By aligning your network with business and Application Performance Objectives, WAN Governance puts you in control of this complexity and network impact. WAN Governance complements IT Governance by providing:
- A holistic approach to global visibility, control and optimization of application performance
- Business continuity and control as SaaS applications are adopted
- Guaranteed application performance for any network architecture
- Network capabilities to absorb enterprise requirements for agility, flexibility and growth
- Next-generation solutions for implementing and managing a cloud-ready network
Cloud-ready network Return on Investment
With an overall monthly cost of 1€ per user, Ipanema's ANS turns enterprise's VPN in a cloud-ready network for only a fraction of the cost of the applications it controls and optimizes. Delaying bandwidth upgrades by an average of 3 years despite the exponential inflation of the demand and making use of the Internet as a business network, ANS has a strong positive impact on your IT budgets and your company's bottom line.
(You can find a more detailed version of this text in the free "Moving to Office 365, Google Apps, Salesforce or any SaaS?" white paper)
Illustrations: the "famous" Secret Nuclear Bunker at Kelvedon Hatch and M.C. Escher