78% of retailers are not able to guarantee application performance and 88% confirm it negatively impact their customer satisfaction
Omni-channel purchasing - synchronization of online and offline channels - is rising in retail.
Ipanema Technologies gives insight on how it is affecting retailers’ challenges and priorities in the
“The Application gap in retail”survey.
It is based on interviews from +400 IT decision-makers in large retail organizations in Western Europe and the USA.
Although retailers are largely in reactive mode they clearly pinpoint application performance as a key lever to improve their customers’ omni-channel experience and thus their satisfaction!
The customer is king… omni-channel king
- 65% respondents say that offering a shopping 2.0 experience is a challenge75% agree that omni-channel is crucial for them to survive
- Only 35% rate their customer experience as excellent
But the path to omni-channel is full technology hazards and hurdles
- 35% attributes customers abandoning purchases due to technology failures
- Key challenges for retailers to address are sprawling IT infrastructure (74%) and pressure from the business to deliver technology innovation (71%)
- IT-managers top priorities include cloud deployment (57%) and mobile/web application development (55%)
The best tool to satisfy this demanding king is application performance
- 76%) are not able to guarantee application performance, roll out new applications or manage application SLAs
- 90% agree that outstanding application performance has positive impact on brand reputation and employee productivity…
Customer Satisfaction- the Holy Grail- will bring you wealth and prosperity!
- … And 88% agree it would positively impact customer satisfaction
- What is the ultimate shopping experience? Excellent customer service, fast service and transactions, offering interchangeable channels and proving relevant information
- 55% expect that significant improvement in omni-channel leads to increased sales and improved reputation.
For more details, discover the video.