- Fully control and optimize performance, including MPLS, private and public cloud.
- Guarantee critical business applications for application-centric SLAs.
- Unify application availability and performance across cloud networks.
- Dynamically adapt to whatever is happening on the network.
Networks are managed deterministically, automatically adapting to demand changes and aligning application performance with business needs:
- Centralized application performance objectives provides a simple and high-level mean for the IT managers to define their IT and business priorities.
- Automated "sense-and-respond" architecture adapts to any traffic situation and network topology with intelligent control and optimization of application sessions.
- Collaborative agents enabling full traffic management control with physical hardware deployment in only 10-20% of a customer's locations.
- Scalability up to 10M's users, 100K's sites and 10K's networks to support any service provider.
Beyond MPLS: Autonomic Networking embedded in your VPN enables unique selling opportunities
- Application Visibility gives full transparency of application traffic topology and performance; it differentiate network and IT problems. Reporting provides from C-level KPIs to technical information.
- Control and Quality of Service allocates bandwidth across end-user sessions to sustain application performance objectives according to application-centric SLAs. It automatically control some-to-many and any-to-any traffic mesh, and cloud-based applications delivery from private or hosted datacenters.
- WAN Optimization accelerates application response times and reduces bandwidth requirements with the latest optimization techniques, such as byte caching, CIFS acceleration, TCP acceleration, etc.
- Dynamic WAN Selection automatically selects the best customer network (MPLS, Internet and Ethernet) for each new communication according to availability, load and performance.
Deliver and enforce application-centric SLAs
Autonomic Networking enables to move from network SLAs to application SLAs. It automatically prioritizes and accelerates applications, preventing non-critical applications from penalizing business-critical applications and ensuring SLAs are always enforced.
Manage hybrid MPLS, Internet and Ethernet networks as one network
Autonomic Networking manages customers' hybrid combinations of MPLS, Internet and Ethernet networks as one seamless network. It supports enterprise customers' needs to transition to cloud computing at their own pace and saves substantial time and resources.
Scalable Application-Level Architecture manages thousands of enterprise customers
The SALSA platform supports multi-tenant management application-centric VPN services for thousands of enterprise customers from a single, unified operations center. SALSA seamlessly integrates within any service provider's existing OSS/BSS environment.
(You can find a more detailed version of this text in the free "BEYOND MPLS - Enabling a new business vision for network service providers Cloud-ready networks" white paper)